Tuesday, September 4, 2012

what a lovely last day it has been here. slept in, gave reagan a sleepy hug goodbye (wishing i'd been a little more aware of what was happening cause it was kinda a lame goodbye) finished up a little packing and headed into howick. i walked up to get some cash out and just walked through the streets, it was windy but not cold and i thoroughly enjoyed myself. what a wonderful little town.

then i went to visit my kids at school. got attacked walking through the door but it made me so happy because they had missed me the past two days. i was there just hanging out with them for a little bit, got about 20 cards stuffed in my face with lots of glue and random letters, love them all though. got to eat my last wednesday of sushi, yummy and hang out in the staff room for a little bit. helped with super start, such cute kids, and headed back to my room where we were able to play outside for a few minutes which was fun. i gave all the kids a cuddle before leaving. sweet little mia who doesn't speak much english said "miss anderson don't going back to america please" love that kid. anyway it was a little easier to say goodbye, maybe, but i could feel my emotions starting to well up. it was great saying bye to the parents in my class again they are just so wonderful. i did cry saying goodbye to sally and we had to make it brief. then emma and sue and then kerry and other teachers in year 0/1. weird weird weird, but it's ok because they've already made travel plans to attend my wedding whenever that is.

it is definitely strange saying the last goodbyes. i said bye to lisa, lexi and devon last night as well as kate and bree (sharleen's sister-in-law and sister and their children) and it was all starting to sink in. i'm sure i'll be a mess at the airport tonight, looking like one of those girls in a movie crying by herself. maybe i'll save myself the embarrassment and wait til i get on the plane. signing out now. official goodbye coming later, putting it off as long as i can.

No comments:

Post a Comment